POSITION Assistant/ Associate Professor, Law
SCHOOL Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
REPORTS TO Department Chair; College Dean
The College of Law provides a dynamic, engaging, student-oriented, quality competency-based innovative and globally-oriented curriculum that leads current and prospective male and female students to understand what it takes to think, act, and react as professional legal consultants and lawyers with ethical and social responsibilities.
We offer a unique and challenging learning environment that stimulates students to consider the law as a way of thinking and reading the word and the world. Our bilingual Law program, with its focus on skills development, prepares our students to function respectively and responsively in a global society. The program, with its myriad of courses, gives students the opportunity to learn about national and international trends in the world of law.
PMU bilingual skilled lawyers will strive to bridge the gap of understanding between the developing and developed countries by bringing a keen sense of awareness to the results of profound and rapid technological and economic progress to the country.
The Department of Law in the College of at PMU invites applications for faculty positions starting Fall semester at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. A Doctorate of LAW with two years of teaching experience at college level is preferred. Applicants holding the rank of Associate Professor may also be considered for relevant vacancies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- Integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- Promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
Teaching and other academic duties
- Contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching and research.
- Play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- Play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- Develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- Provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- Provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
For this position, the Law Department seeks bilingual candidates who have a record of scholarly publications in reputable journals and can teach a variety of undergraduate courses in private and public law, such as Global Legal Systems, Civil Contracts, Sources of Obligation, Alternative Dispute Settlement, Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Oil and Gas Law, Commercial Law, Legal Ethics, Criminal Law, Banking and Insurance Law, Family Law, Cyber Law, Media Law, Property Law, Labour and Employment Law, International Law, International Economic Law, Civil Law, etc. In addition to teaching, selected faculty will be involved in academic advising, curriculum development, preparing course syllabi, planning in-class team activities, constructing student assessments, preparing examinations, keeping grade records, holding regular office hours and other standard, non-teaching duties such as institutional and professional services. Candidates must provide a procedural letter of promotion to the rank of associate professor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- Participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- Contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- Effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- Participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- Participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- And perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee.
Note: In order to apply for a position of Associate Professor, candidates must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate Professor.
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- For submission of application, log-on to our career site(Recommended):
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following:
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.