The University at Buffalo School of Law seeks a Lecturer in the undergraduate Law BA program. This is a non-tenure track, calendar year (12-month) renewable position with the primary responsibility of teaching undergraduate courses in law. There is no requirement of producing scholarship, but you may be asked to fill administrative roles associated with the bachelor’s program.
Essential duties include:
- Providing students with meaningful instruction, including but not limited to:
- Developing syllabi and identifying appropriate instructional materials; this may or may not include remote learning;
- Demonstrating expertise in the assigned subjects and the ability to share that expertise with undergraduate students;
- Contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative learning environment;
- Ensuring that students receive prompt and productive feedback concerning their work; and
- Assessing student performance against learning outcomes;
- Teaching the equivalent of 15 credits per year (typically two three-credit courses in Fall and Spring and one three credit course in the summer).
- Attending faculty meetings in the fall and spring semesters.