Visiting Assistant Professor of Law and Fellow in Law, Business and Economics
241-Law School Instruction
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law seeks a qualified individual to serve as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Law and Fellow in Law, Business and Economics during academic year 2018-2019. The position is a 12-month, visiting position beginning in the summer of 2018, with the possibility of one additional 12-month term.
Villanova Law has recently been enhancing its efforts to educate lawyers who understand the law's connection to business, economics, and entrepreneurship. Key initiatives have included the founding of the John F. Scarpa Center for Law and Entrepreneurship, with scholarly programs, innovative courses, and experiential learning opportunities. The Law School also has recently hired a University Professor in Law, Business and Economics; a tenured faculty member who directs the Scarpa Center; and a tenure-track faculty member with a specialty in business ethics.
The successful candidate will augment these efforts by focusing on teaching and scholarship at the intersection of law, business, and economics.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- teaching courses, including both traditional courses and nontraditional competency-based materials and outside-the-classroom exercises that will expose students to a basic education in economics and its relationship to the law;
- working with Villanova Law faculty to incorporate business and economic concepts, materials, and exercises into their courses; and
- engaging in research and policy analysis, both individually and collaboratively with other faculty at the Law School and rest of the University, on scholarship related to law, business, and economics.
- Juris Doctor and/or advanced degree in Economics, Finance, or a related field is required.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
- An interest in pursuing a career in academia or in public policy is preferred.
All applications are to include:
- Application cover letter.
- Current and complete curriculum vitae.
- Statement of teaching philosophy.
- List of 3 references. We will contact the references for finalists only.
- Unofficial academic transcripts are required to submit application. Official transcripts will be required from finalist only.
Review of applications begins upon receipt and continues until the position is filled.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/13056
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.